Named after the National Animal of Australia, this island is a heaven for many visitors today. It was discovered back in the 19th century by Matthew Flinders. It rests 13 kilometres away from the coast of South Australia. The visitors can reach the island using the ferry, copter or a small lane. Once, you have landed on the Kangaroo Island you will come across a wide range of wonders including the wildlife, natural sights and sounds, beautiful beaches and delightfully yummy foods you can have the Kangaroo Island one day tour from Adelaide. These things make this island a great treat for the visitors. Here we have enlisted the few things that you cannot miss while in Kangaroo Island.
1. Seal bay is a fun place for those who admire the innocent-faced lively seals. This place is on the southern part of the island and is a heaven for the Australian Seals who are among the endangered species in recent times. You can take the assistance from the tour guides who can give you a clear picture of the lives of the sea lions.
2. Vivonne Bay is an amazing picnic spot for the visitors. It is just 23 kilometres away from the seal bay. Play with the seals and then enjoy the fishing or try beachcombing along the Vivonne Bay. The turquoise waters are equally great for the professional surfers. The adventure seekers can have fun looking at the Cray and the riding in the fish boats.
3. The night here on the island can actually be a wild one. The people who have always seen the kangaroos and wallabies in zoo can actually witness them in the dark nights as they come out of their camps. Besides these creatures, the shining stars on a clear night would be a welcoming feast for the visitors.
4. The Flinders Chase National Park is a great gift for the visitors. Covering 74,000 hectares it is a great place for wildlife lovers. It has all the animals that are loved by Australia passionate people. While in the park it is suggested that the people must drive very slowly as they can come across any animal at any time.
5. Remarkable Rocks and Admiral’s Arch is 23 kilometres away from the resort. It is assumed to be the great geographical site. It is in the heart of the Flinders National Park. The Admiral’s Arch is a collection of natural sculptures. The fur seals are found in abundance here.
The entire land is flooded with great wonders of nature. The visitors come here with dreams and return home with great memories. These memories last longer than they think.